Tuesday, June 15, 2010

An Introduction amidst Sandpit Musings

I have taken the plunge and joined the world of blogging. Yes, I know: my words in print in a new generation's media. What makes me think what I have to say is worth writing about? In short, because my kids are priceless and they say the cutest things. Those little gems of language. The things that make me laugh, and thus far, have made others smile. I know this to be a fact because of my forray into Facebook status postings. I imagine that as my friend ticks that all-important judgement box: "like", they must have a smile on their face. Otherwise, why would they bother?



So a month ago it was this one. My DH said to our DD, "Madeline, when we get home you're going to clean your room. It would be nice if you could try to find your carpet." Madeline: "car-what?" Paul" "Car-PET." Madeline: "Car-PIT? (pause) I don't know what that looks like." Yes Madeline, that is the point.



And this one just today: My son Sam and his best friend were in the sandpit creating great channels and towers and having a very serious conversation which caught my attention. I mused at the end of it, how wonderful it would be to be 8, and the greatest conflict faced is a debate with your friend about whether it was the Israelites or the Egyptians who built the Grand Canyon.



All for tonight. When I figure out this blogging thing I might get venturous with pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment