Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last Day at Inglewood Kindergarten

Violet and Abigail handing out treats to the children


Alyson reading from Abigail's portfolio

Abigail's turn on the birthday chair with her clay cake Tania reading from Violet's portfolio
Violet's turn on the birthday chair with her playdough cake


Violet and Abigail taking turns on the birthday chair at Kindy

Deep deep breaths for this one. Violet and Abigail had their last day at Inglewood Kindergarten today. Which means, my last day associated with Inglewood Kindergarten too. I have loved every minute of my involvement with that place and the special staff. I will be forever grateful for the care and nurturing that the teachers have shown all my children, starting with Sam when he was 3 1/2. Madeline also started when she was 3 1/2 but the twins were able to start a few days before their third birthday--probably because Head Teacher Alyson was being very kind to me, the harried mother of twins. Looking back on their first photos, they look like babies. And now they're off to school.


According to tradition, Violet and Abigail each made a beautiful birthday hat and a birthday cake out of playdough and clay respectively. They each had a little chat with a teacher at mat time, had songs sung and got to blow out their candles. Then they distributed their little treats to the patient children. Paul was able to come and had the video camera at the ready. I had a lump in my throat watching, especially when Alyson said, "seems like just yesterday Sam was going off to school." Yes indeed. I owe the Kindergarten a lot really, but most of all my gratitude to Alyson for helping me to make the decision to switch schools. It was the little push I needed and of course we've never looked back.


Watch out St. Pat's: there's four of them from tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment