Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mokau Beach Holiday Day 2

Sam and Violet discussing Construction plans


The cliff above Sam's head before the explosion and avalanche



Sam and Paul, working on the hut


Ta Da. The beach hut



Our Abby peaking through the gaps in the hut


A ditto day today. More time at the beach building huts and enjoying the warmth of the sun. Except I've been even sicker today so have spent a lot of time in bed reading my book, while Paul has played with the kids and taken them to the playground at Mokau school. My throat is so sore it hurts to breathe and I'm all aches and pains. Nurofen Cold and Flu works a charm but I'm aware that the only way to really get rid of this thing is to rest. At least the family is happy playing while I rest. And Paul is getting his much desired break and change of scene. Oh, I almost forgot the highlight of our time at the beach: happily scouring the beach for hut-building materials, we suddenly heard this great sonic BOOM coming from the highway. And then we saw half the cliff fall away. It was a controlled avalanche, obviously, but quite spectacular. Possibly not so spectacular for the miles of cars waiting for the road to clear while they travelled north and south. Fish and chips for dinner tonight from the Whitebait Inn: highly recommended. And now a nice quiet evening of games and puzzle building. My book and my bed are beckoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment